When I first started blogging over a year ago, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had to learn a lot of things, some of them right away and others over time. Thankfully, my mom was there to answer my questions and catch all of my grammar and spelling errors.
I originally started writing about a fashion game I used to play ~ however, it was in January of 2014 that I started blogging about things other than fashion. I started blogging so I could participate in what is now known as the Teen and Tween Writers Linkup ~ now I just do it for fun! I still participate in the linkup (in fact I host it every month), but it is no longer the driving force behind my desire to share with y’all.
Blogging has given me a voice to encourage people I may never meet, a place to share my stories with the world, and so much more. Writing is hard. Blogging is hard. Thankfully, you don’t have to do it on your own. That is why I love the linkup and why I put together this list of 20 writing and blogging tips from teen writers. With tips on starting a blog, finding post inspiration, and social media this list is full of good tips from some of the teens from our linkup.
Writing and Blogging Tips from Teen Writers
- 10 Reasons Why Writers Aren’t the Weird Ones ~ Hannah Heath
- Writing With a Storyboard ~ Clara B
- Face book Marketing (without paying a dime) ~ Samantha S
- Introducing: Creative Writing! ~ Hailey Woerner
- How to Start Blogging ~ Clara B
- For Writers: How to Research (with free resources) ~ Raychel Rose
- How to Viral Market Pinterest ~ Samantha S
- Turning a Blog Into a Creative Outlet ~ Clara B
- The Setting for Your Story: Your World ~ Hailey Woerner
- 13 Blogger(blogspot) Tutorials ~ Samantha S
- Creative Characters: What’s in a Character? ~ Hailey Woerner
- Why Teens Need a Blog ~ Clara B
- 10 Things Nobody Tells You About Being a Writer Until It’s To Late ~ Hannah Heath
- Why (and how) Serious Bloggers Should Move to WordPress Now ~ Samantha S
- Plotting a Novel: Does Plot Matter? ~ Hailey Woerner
- Where I Look for Post Inspiration ~ Clara B
- Theatrical Themes ~ Hailey Woerner
- How to Combat Writer’s Block: Track Your Storyline Through Song ~ Rachel Alison, Pursue Magazine
- POV: a Character in Perspective ~ Hailey Woerner
- Setting Goals: and How it Can Increase Your Chances of Success ~ Hailey Woerner
Know of a post we missed? Let us know and we might add it to the list!