B.A. in Graphic Communication 2021
Bluefield College, Bluefield, VA
Summa cum laude, Honors, GPA 3.96
- Layout design
- Logo design
- Web Design
- Video editing
- Digital Illustration
- Social Media
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Procreate for iPad
- Creative ideas
- Independant work
Web Coordinator and Design Co-Lead
The Rampage – 4 years, 2017-2021
Faculty Supervisor: Chris Shoemaker
Editor: Scheduled articles and posts written by students for online publication. Coordinated articles, photography, graphic arts, and social media posts for digital and print editions. Prepared and managed content for digital publishing.
Graphic Designer: Collaboratively designed digital and print versions of The Rampage magazine, including layout and photos/graphic arts. Co-developed branding and guidelines for the digital magazine. Created graphics, art, and photos. Coordinated with web programmer(s) to implement new functions/features and improvements to the user interface for both subscribers and contributors. Maintained student user accounts and provided help desk support for website.
Writer: Researched and wrote articles about news, events, and leaders on campus.
- Re-designed InDesign template to streamline newspaper editing and layout process
- Pivotal contributor to modernizing The Rampage from print to digital–increased student involvement
- Co-designed new modern print format, branding and design guidelines–boosted student readership
- Advocated and implemented process/web tools to broaden student contributor base and content
Bluefield College Public Relations Office – 3 Months
Supervisor: Lindsey Akers
Photographer/Designer: Photographed Bluefield College events, including Homecoming 2019. Designed advertising and marketing materials.
The Bluestone Review – 3 Months
Faculty Supervisor: Dr. Robert Merritt
Layout Designer: Designed layout and graphics for annual literary journal highlighting local Bluefield community artistic and literary works.
- Pray Fierce: Designed branding, promotional materials, and social media graphics for Pray Fierce conference.
- Vicki Tillman Counseling: Created a series of hand drawn coloring pages.
- Encouraging Moms at Home: Managed Facebook posts, created hand drawn coloring pages, managed Pinterest boards, and created graphics.
- Rindina: Designed emotes for use on Twitch and Discord.
- 21st Shott Excellence in Media Award
- 2021 Outstanding Graduate: Graphic Communication
- Rampage Editor’s Scholar
- Dr. Cynthia Bascom 276.326.4225
- Allen Roberts 276.326.4622
- Vicki Tillman 302.738.6859